Saturday 2 July 2011

Upcoming Surgery

  I was told in December 2007 - the waiting list for surgery would be a year. And a year it was. In December 2008, I received the call for surgery -- it would be before Christmas,  but I would be home before Christmas. One of our staff had just resigned, and we were finding it very hard to have RN staff for Christmas. They knew I would be out of the mix because of my surgery. I felt sad that I couldn't help out, but I had waited a year for my date for surgery.
  After thinking about it with extreme mixed feelings, I called those who booked the surgery. I explained my situation and they gave me a date for the 9th of January 2009. I was glad I changed the date, after all what is Christmas all about? And also, I wasn't as disabled for Christmas. The next year would be difficult, but I learned patience (at least for that year).  Many hours were spent in my comfy chair with my grandchildren and my pet cats. I also crocheted many receiving blankets for my growing family of grandchildren. Dr. Low told me I had to give my knee a year to heal.  

1 comment:

  1. This is such a good pic of you, but such a funny one of David.

    ReplyDelete