Wednesday 20 July 2011

Do Not be Dismayed

  I have joined the challenge to read the bible in 90 days. After reading the first sixteen chapters, I found this challenge was very much related to my blog.  The portion of scripture that stayed with me was Genesis 4:6. "Then the Lord said to Cain.  Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."
  Here the Lord was talking to Cain, the first recorded murderer in the Old Testament and this scripture rang true in my mind! Why?  I believe the Lord was telling me, I am depressed to much these days, and I don't have pleasant countenance much of the time.
  I decided I can stop feeling sorry for myself. And have faith in the Lord, that things that happen, regarding my disability will work according to the Lord's will -- but that I have still have to still "Stand up  and Live"! My prayer will be that I can be happy with a pleasant countenance, so that depression doesn't overtake my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment