Sunday 3 July 2011

Reflection on My Blog

   After contemplating my blog and its' theme -- I do not want to make it negative. Because as I think of the last two years, I have shared some very special and spiritual times with my family and friends. And most of these times would have been unavailable to me if I had been working.  Although, I struggled with discouragement in 2010 because my operative knee was now more painful than before surgery and my good knee was becoming painful because of overuse -- I also had an invaluable experience.  The following is this experience. 
  I ran out of my medications and I ordered them.  I then forgot about them. It was the third day that I had not slept or eaten when Mary and Jonathan brought their little kiddies for me to look after while they went to the temple. I was able to do it but Mary could tell I was very sick.  We sat down and went over my meds together, and I finally remembered the med I had forgotten to pick up.
  Mary went and picked up the medication, and she and her family left for home. I took my medication and I ate some cooked oatmeal. Then my need for sleep, after three days, had caughten up with me. BUT, as I sat in my comfy chair the following impression came into my mind as I drifted off to sleep -- "You now have the right to lie down and die, or stand up and live".  My decision was made without hesitation: "I would stand up and live"!  I then slept deeply for several hours into the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment