Saturday 30 July 2011

Dismayed, Yet ...

  I have noticed the last couple of weeks, (taking my pain med three times a day) before it is time to take my second dose, my knee is hurting badly.  In fact, yesterday I had to take an extra pain med to keep my pain controlled.
  Today, I did some laundry -- my washer and dryer are downstairs.  I tried to stay downstairs as much as possible, but now at 10:45pm my pain is at least 4/5.  I also don't have a comfy chair downstairs -- so the swelling in my knees is about 3/5; and I am sure not being able to get my knees up is also adding to the pain.  WOW - I can't even do my housework. I am sad.
  But is my reading in the Bible going to be to no avail?  Reading in Deuteronomy Chapter 31, verses 5-8 I feel some strength.  Even though Moses is talking to his people about claiming the land of their inheritance, he says these words; and I believe they can apply to any of us who are fearful. "...and you must do what I have commanded you.  Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, (them means to me my trials) for the Lord your God goes (is) with you; he will never leave you or forsake you".

1 comment:

  1. That's a good one mom. It's interesting how you and I have very similar thoughts about what we are reading. I do think we need to take courage in reading through the old testament. It is true that as the children of Isreal lived righteously they were blessed, and as they lived wickedly, they were punished. That's not to say that if we are righteous we wont have trials, but I do believe that we will find happiness during our trials, not misery. My two cents.

    ReplyDelete